When you’re planning an extended vacation the most important and obvious things come to mind (cell phone, wallet, car keys, clothes etc.), but to make your trip as enjoyable as possible remember these 10 travel essentials. Check out my original post documenting my 8 Day West Coast Roadtrip.
2. Cash – Some of the smaller shops don’t accept plastic so be sure to hit up the bank. Personally I withdrew $200 and requested the teller to break them up into $1s, $5s, $10s and $20s.
3. A blanket and pillow – They make the long drives a bit more bearable and depending on your room accommodations these two items may help you sleep better. I’ve noticed that at a few Air BnB places the blankets tend to be thiner and why yes that is a Harry Potter blanket. *wink* It was a splurge gift to myself from Universal Studios Harry Potter World Soft opening. Here’s the link to see check out the Hogwarts Crest Throw.
4. Cds of your favorite music or an Ipod– There are stretches in the trip where you’ll have limited reception and there’s only so many times when you can listen to Justin Bieber’s “Sorry” on the radio – think of it as a bomb karaoke party!
6. Sunscreen and shades – Vitamin D is great, but too much of a good thing can be harmful. Protect you skin and shield your eyes. At my local RiteAid they were doing a B1G1 Free for all Hawaiian Tropic Products.
I got this Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 30 and smells really nice. It’s glides on easily and there no white cast that you get from some other products. Here’s a link on amazon if you’re curious to see what others have to say about the product.
And sunglasses will help when the sun shines in your eyes as you’re driving.
7. Water – This may sound like a no brainer, but there may be long stretches on the trip when you won’t see a city for miles and you definitely don’t want to be dehydrated while driving.
I recommend investing in some type of water container and purchasing a gallon of water (as opposed to the bottles) so you can refill as needed when you make your stops. It’s cheaper and you’ll be doing the planet a huge favor.
Are there other items that aren’t on this list that should be? Comment below!